LaTeX Poster Template
This week I presented a poster at the Mathematics in Experimental Quantum Information Processing Workshop at the Institute for Quantum Computing in Waterloo, Ontario, and I will admit that I had a few fleeting moments when I was considering using Microsoft Publisher to create it. I couldn’t find any poster templates in LaTeX that I liked, and frankly LaTeX just seemed like it wouldn’t work well for something moderately graphics-heavy like a poster.
However, as it always does, the desire for easy-to-integrate mathematics won the battle and it wasn’t long before I was scrounging the depths of the tenth page of Google search results for LaTeX poster templates. Eventually I did find a template that I was able to modify to my liking, and this is the result:
Since I’m such a nice guy, you can download the .tex and .sty files used to create the poster here if you would like to. The poster is based on the template created by the Computational Pysics and Biophysics Group at Jacobs University with the following minor modifications:
- Four column landscape layout instead of three column portrait layout.
- Changed from A0 (33.1″ × 46.8″) paper to 48″ × 36″ poster paper (which is a bit more standard in my experience).
- Removed the blue border around the poster (I hate borders, and it’s cheaper to print this way!).
- Used a serif font rather than a sans-serif font for small (i.e., non-header) text.
- Messed around with the header.
- Moved the university logo from the header down to the “Acknowledgements” section.
Update [April 25, 2011]: The template has been updated again – it now includes 68 common color definitions in the style file as a workaround for the fact that this template doesn’t play nicely with the colordvi package. Thanks to Nishan Mudalige for the fix!
Update [August 4, 2011]: Nishan has been nice enough to provide another update for the template, which causes automatic figure numbering to work properly (you had to enter figure numbers manually in the past).
- LaTeX poster template [.zip of LaTeX files]
- My poster: The multiplicative domain in quantum error correction [.zip of LaTeX files]