Schmidt Operator Norms and Entanglement Theory
We discuss the family of operator norms recently investigated in  and some of their implications in quantum information. We referred to these norms as Schmidt norms since they derive from the Schmidt decomposition theorem for quantum states.These norms find applications to central problems in quantum information, including the problem of determining k-positivity of linear maps and entanglement witnesses, and finding bound entangled non-positive partial transpose states.
- Nathaniel Johnston
- David Kribs
- Official publication from IEEE
- Published in the Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies in February 2010.
- Selected as one of the best papers of the conference.
- N. Johnston and D.W. Kribs, Schmidt Operator Norms and Entanglement Theory. Fourth International Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies, 92-95 (2010).
- An Introduction to Schmidt Norms (blog post)