This page contains information about all of my publications, both published and pending. Note that some entries below contain links to additional discussion, code, or slides that are not included with the publications themselves.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. Duality of entanglement norms. Houston Journal of Mathematics, to appear. E-print: arXiv:1304.2328 [quant-ph], 2013.
- N. Johnston. Non-uniqueness of minimal superpermutations. Discrete Mathematics, 313:1553–1557, 2013.
- N. Johnston, Ł. Skowronek, and E. Størmer. Generation of mapping cones from small sets. Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 438:3062–3075, 2013.
- N. Johnston and E. Størmer. Mapping cones are operator systems. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 2012. doi: 10.1112/blms/bds006
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. Quantum gate fidelity in terms of Choi matrices. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 44:495303, 2011.
- N. Johnston. Characterizing operations preserving separability measures via linear preserver problems. Linear and Multilinear Algebra, 59(10):1171–1187, 2011.
- N. Johnston, D. W. Kribs, V. I. Paulsen, and R. Pereira. Minimal and maximal operator spaces and operator systems in entanglement theory. Journal of Functional Analysis, 260(8):2407–2423, 2011.
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. A family of norms with applications in quantum information theory II. Quantum Information & Computation, 11(1 & 2):104–123, 2011.
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. Generalized multiplicative domains and quantum error correction. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 139:627–639, 2011.
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. A family of norms with applications in quantum information theory. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 51:082202, 2010.
- M.-D. Choi, N. Johnston, and D. W. Kribs. The multiplicative domain in quantum error correction. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 42:245303, 2009.
- N. Johnston, D. W. Kribs, and V. Paulsen. Computing stabilized norms for quantum operations. Quantum Information & Computation, 9(1 & 2):16–35, 2009.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- N. Johnston. Norm duality and the cross norm criteria for quantum entanglement. Linear and Multilinear Algebra (Proceedings of the 12th Workshop on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii), 2013. doi: 10.1080/03081087.2012.753595
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. A family of norms with applications in entanglement theory. In Proceedings of the 2011 ICO International Conference on Information Photonics (IP), 2011. doi: 10.1109/ICO-IP.2011.5953727
- N. Johnston and D. W. Kribs. Schmidt operator norms and entanglement theory. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies, 92–95, 2010.
- N. Johnston, D. W. Kribs, and C.-W. Teng. An operator algebraic formulation of the stabilizer formalism for quantum error correction. Acta Applicandae, 108(3):687–696, 2009.
- N. Johnston. The B36/S125 “2×2” Life-like cellular automaton. In Game of Life Cellular Automata chapter 7, A. Adamatzky, Springer-UK, 99–114, 2010.
- N. Johnston. Norms and Cones in the Theory of Quantum Entanglement. PhD thesis, University of Guelph, 2012.
- N. Johnston. Stabilized Distance Measures and Quantum Error Correction. Master’s thesis, University of Guelph, 2008.
- N. Johnston. Non-positive partial transpose subspaces can be as large as any entangled subspace. E-print: arXiv:1305.0257 [quant-ph], 2013.
- N. Johnston. The minimum size of qubit unextendible product bases. E-print: arXiv:1302.1604 [quant-ph], 2013.
- J. Chen and N. Johnston. The minimum size of unextendible product bases in the bipartite case (and some multipartite cases). E-print: arXiv:1301.1406 [quant-ph], 2013.
- J. Chen, H. Dawkins, Z. Ji, N. Johnston, D. W. Kribs, F. Shultz, and B. Zeng. Uniqueness of quantum states compatible with given measurement results. E-print: arXiv:1212.3503 [quant-ph], 2012.
- N. Johnston. The complexity of the puzzles of Final Fantasy XIII-2. E-print: arXiv:1203.1633 [cs.CC], 2012.
- N. Johnston. Partially entanglement breaking maps and right CP-invariant cones. Unpublished notes, 2008.